Due to COVID-19, adoptions are are by appointment only. In order to schedule a visit to meet a particular dog or cat, you must download an application below, e-mail it to the shelter at email@example.com – then call 908-725-0308 after 9:00am to schedule an appointment.
When you are interested in adopting a pet, you will be asked to fill out a pre-adoption application that will assist us in matching you with a pet that would best suit your lifestyle. Additionally, you will need to provide identification (driver’s license) and proof that you may have a pet at your residence (lease, mortgage statement, or tax bill). You must be at least 18 years of age in order to adopt a pet.
The following requirements must be met in order to have your application processed:
- Filled out a pre-adoption application (see above)
- If you rent your home, a letter from your landlord, and/or copy of your lease, or landlord contact info
- If you own your home, proof of ownership required, i.e. mortgage statement or property tax bill
- At least 18 years old
- Adoption fee as listed above (cash or Visa/Mastercard/Debit) – Includes spay/neuter, rabies (if animal is of age), distemper, FIV/FELV test (for cats), deworming, microchip, and martingale collar (for dogs).
- I rent my home (copy of lease with pet addendum required)